Following her May 13/14th exhibition ‘ Drawn in Light-Published on Paper’ in September Kim Valdez will be holding a two day introductory course on drawing on the iPad using the Procreate App.
The course will cost £110.00 which includes tea/coffee and a light lunch. The course is planned for 8-10 people to accommodate individual attention.
The course will progressively develop an artwork/s based on a simple still life in order to practice the use of the tools.
10-1pm Learn about and practice the use of the basic drawing tools: Grouping pictures, Canvas choice, Brushes, Eraser, Colour Palettes.
Layers and importing images.
Using layers combined with the Freehand and Automatic Selection methods. The Transformation tool.
Exporting images for print.
The hardware requirements –
You will need an Ipad with the Procreate App and preferably a pressure sensitive stylus.
- Procreate only works with an ipad, not other kinds of tablet.
- Procreate is designed to work with a pressure sensitive stylus- ie the harder you press the darker the line, if you draw with your finger or any other stylus than those listed below, you won’t get the pressure sensitivity. However you can still draw and learn about Procreate.
- The Apple Pencil can only be used with an iPad Pro, so if you have an iPad 3, 4, Air or mini, you will need an alternative stylus.
- For these iPads please check but I believe Procreate supports the following active styli:
• TenOneDesign – Pogo Connect, Pogo Connect 2
• Adonit – Jot Touch 4, Jot Touch Pixelpoint, Jot Script, Jot Script 2, Pixel
• Wacom – Intuos Creative Stylus 1 & 2, Bamboo Fineline 1 & 2
• FiftyThree – Pencil
Interested in attending this course? Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch regarding availability and booking.